Project Life: Croatia & Venice 2017.

Today I'm sharing the second installment of my July pages. You can find the first half here. The year isn't quite over yet but it's safe to say that July will be the month with the most pages in my 2017 photobook, mostly because I filled up 20 whole pages documenting our trip to Croatia and Venice. When I document a trip or event that will fill up several spreads I usually choose one scrapbooking kit and try to stick to that to make the pages cohesive. Last summer I used Summer Manifesto by Paislee Press to document our trip to Parga and this year I had my eyes set on the Joie de Vivre kit already before we left for Croatia. I ended up mixing it with Memory Keeper and threw in some Everyday Edition and a little bit of the aforementioned Summer Manifesto.


First spread, about the journey and our first day in Poreč. I mixed up some letters from some Paislee Press wordart I had in my stash to make up "Istria" and added a stamp from Twenty Seventeen.


Second spread; more about our first day and exploring our new surroundings.


A spread about days 2 & 3 and exploring downtown Poreč.


The first of two spreads about the daytrip we went on to Venice. I am sure you recognize most of the cards from the Everyday Edition, although I recoloured them to match Joie de Vivre. The "Venice" stamp was created in the same way as "Istria" above.


More about Venice, and more recoloured Everyday Edition.


A spread about day 5 when my sister and her boyfriend came to visit us (they vacationed on the other side of the Slovenian border just about an hour away from us - small world).


More about day 5 when we visited the Euphrasian Basilica in Poreč.


How we spent day 6 in Poreč.


Finally, a spread about our final day in Croatia when we visited the beautiful city of Rovinj before flying home in the evening.


Project Life is a memory keeping system created by Becky Higgins. You can learn more about it here. Digital page protectors by Valorie Wibbens.

3 comments