Project Life: 2018 title page & goals.



I feel like time got away from me a bit during the second half of 2017 and while I would have liked to start the year all caught up with my memory keeping and ready to start fresh that just didn't happen this time. However, on Sunday I finally finished and ordered my 2017 photobook and I thought I'd celebrate by sharing my 2018 title page! I actually finished it along with the first January pages several weeks ago, but I wanted to focus on wrapping up 2017 before I dived further into documenting 2018. I will share my October-December 2017 in separate entries soon.

The hardest part about making this title page was taking the photos. I still haven't found a great place for selfies like the one I had in our apartment here at the house. We have few bare walls to use as backdrop that get decent light, at least at this time of year. I hope the light will improve once the days grow longer! Putting together the page, on the other hand, didn't take me long at all. I simply used my 2016 and 2017 title pages as templates for this one. The cards + elements are a mix of the Everyday Edition and the Midnight collection by Sahin Designs, with some wordart by Paislee Press at the bottom left side.

As far as my memory keeping goals in 2018 go... I am going to stick to the same monthly format as I have these past three years and make another 12x12 photobook documenting the whole year. It seems that most people like to mix things up to keep things fresh but I have found a format that works for me and I don't see a reason to change. I keep it fun for me by mixing up the products I use throughout the year. Speaking of products, I imagine I will keep using a lot of products by Paislee Press and Sahin Designs (really fell in love with her products in 2017), with some Becky Higgins thrown in of course.

Other than my yearly documenting and my 1SE video, I will continue to work on my physical infertility album, and maybe actually share some photos of it other than that glimpse I posted once on Instagram, who knows? :) I also hope I can get started on my physical album for the years 2010-2013. It was a project I never found the time for in 2017. It's either that or another physical project I want to tackle. Remember how I documented the years 1985-2004 in 2015? Well, I am done with those albums BUT after we moved I brought home some old boxes that I had left at my parents' place, and I found a lot of memorabilia from my childhood/youth (diaries, letters, birthday cards, drawings etc) that I didn't really know was there. I mean, I remembered some of it, but I hadn't really looked at it in many years. So my goal is to eventually incorporate some of it into my albums.

My One Little Word for 2018 is one that came to me rather reluctantly: PATIENCE. I am not always a very patient person and get stressed out when things, such as my memory keeping projects, take longer than I would like, so I feel like it will be a good word to come back to as I tackle these projects :)


Project Life is a memory keeping system created by Becky Higgins. You can learn more about it here.

No comments